Wednesday, February 2, 2011

UNTITLED

[This is a poem I wrote last year just fooling around...enjoy]
The dry, now wet bed made a tune with my damp, clammy skin
It felt like the springs from the bed vibrated from inside the cushions
Through my body, and popped open like a bottle of champagne.
I sprung up and it hit me.
It was a disease that infected me
My choice.
Stupidity which contributed to malfunction
You, A grotesquerie
Injecting me with seeds
Watering my roots with trickery
I sprouted up a plant from your misshapen garden
Now elderly,
Retarded from the rays of your unforgiving heat.

The day I met you I danced like an idiotic baboon
Leaping, urging to be released from the cage of restriction
Labeled “self control”
It’s that very cage that has me unconstrained,
Adrenalin running
While the drips from the rain kept me in tune
With the taps from my foot

Untamed and
Unhindered.

Sprinting through a field of bent roses

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Cat--I like your "fooling around." 'You, a grotesquerie....'

    The assignment was to post a link to a writer you like--want to try that too?

    ReplyDelete