Monday, October 24, 2011

Why Can't I leave You

Faded shades of sky blue with sweet cologne and musk
Heavy arms, mass, weighing down from the bricks of coal sitting in your chest
Thumps, pumps, beating hot metal cooled at below 0 degrees
Vows of forbidden fruit that’s so tasteful to the lips
We vow to love and to hurt
Through manipulation and miscommunication
Til lies do us part.
But the aroma of your true love takes you away from me once more
Nature’s beauty turned grotesque,
clouds of balling fumes which chokes your lungs and you are left mummified.
I cannot speak to what I cannot grasp
And then you leave me with one phrase with a thousand possible doors.
I, of course, open the one most desirable.
"You don't care about me"
I reveal that the only way I know how.
The feeling of nothing but the grip of your hands
cocooning its way so neatly into my curves
Mouth opens and shuts into total darkness.
You are my forbidden fruit full of lyrical secretion of total nothingness
but everything that is to be this very moment.
Lyrical hummingbirds vibrating through the seams of my clothes.
And just how the days are like hours and the nights are like minutes
Is when I find that I am left with nothing but your melted body
Washing down the drain of my shower
Leaving me with that and not you
I am left with bricks from your chest
Because that’s all that falls out from your solid skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment