Saturday, October 22, 2011

NO PRINTING?

Today In class the printing stopped working. So I thought to myself, what if we couldn't print?
Would that be such a horrible thing?

The total paper market is about 15.2 trillion pages worldwide and so, how much paper did we really save by eliminating one day of paper-free printing?

NOT ALOT I SAY

So what's wrong with a pencil and a piece of paper?


Why can't we write our thoughts on regular, old-fashioned, tree cut paper. Everything is about printing and typing and fast paced news. I don't see alot of people writing in journals, or taking out their notebooks to write their thoughts down. Now a days I see IPads and Kindles and Nooks...and
e-lectronic hands high on caffeine typing away.
I would love to see notebook paper, scattered around the streets of NY oozing riddled thoughts, and humerous giggles.
Fresh lead,
        paper cuts,
  squeaky erasers...

I understand the value of pencil and paper. To see your first thoughts fresh on white canvas and then erased again to start fresh again. To see black and white not yet printed but just a draft of just un-edited thought. So would a day with no printing really be a bad thing. Can we live without spell check and word count and <---
when we mess up.

CAN'T WE JUST ERASE OUR MISTAKES?

Sadly, when we press print, it's already a MISTAKE sent WORLDWIDE.

No comments:

Post a Comment